Since we are talking KFC…
The restaurant was originally built in 1956 as Johnny Reb’s Chick, Chuck and Shake The owner, S.R. “Tubby” Davis, erected the 56-foot (17-meter) tall structure over his restaurant in 1963 as a method of advertising. It was designed by Hubert Puckett, a Georgia Tech student of architecture, and fabricated by Atlantic Steel in nearby Atlanta.
Davis later sold it to his brother, and it became a franchise of KFC. The beak and eyes move….!
We use this when we give directions: “Go to the Big Chicken and turn left”